Sunday, March 9, 2008

Daylight Savings

Imagine my surprise when I went into the washroom to get ready for bed and came out and checked the time on my cell phone and an hour and fifteen minutes had passed. "What, did I pass out while I was flossing my teeth? Are both of my kidneys still here?" I was worried. I'm not a drunkard, so this was my first encounter with not being able to account for time–it scared the saving daylight out of me! It's funny, though, because I was in my car on Friday, driving to work, just thinking about how much I hate losing an hour of sleep for daylight savings. I suppose maybe it's better that I didn't know. It's like ripping off the Band-aid. I say that now, but it still bugged me, because I would've gone to bed earlier if I would've known; but whatever, there's no turning back time, at least not until autumn.

No comments: