Saturday, March 8, 2008

The DDR

Carrie, Joe, and I had a DDR last night!—not to be confused with a DTR, a conversation so many of us have had at the onset of a relationship. Joe surprised Carrie with an early birthday present, namely Dance Dance Revolution. I was trying to just be limber, like Justin Timberlake advised, however all my attempts proved futile. If I were ever in the "raise your hand if you feel less coordinated than you did an hour ago" category, last night was it. I really did enjoy playing the game though. I felt like I was getting better by the end, after I took on a more systematic approach and stopped flailing my legs about like a river dancer. So, we all know that Carrie has a master's in dance, but who was last night's MVD, you ask? Joseph. As he puts it, he's a "Dance Dance Revolution savant." Haha, I had never witnessed such a spectacle! It was priceless to see my polar bear brother bust out a 154 step combo like it was no big deal. I didn't know that trade school offered a degree in graphic design with an emphasis in Dance Dance Revolution. I'm interested to see how the rest of the family would fare in a dance off. I propose a March Madness tourney with brackets. In my minds eye, I envision a sweaty night of laughter, intense dancing, and possible coverage by ESPN Plus. We should probably invite Linda Adams Kessler, too.

3 comments:

Carrie said...

That was one funny night--how did my hubby get so stinkin' good? I swear he has spent secret hours at the arcade...We really should have a dance off--I know Joe would win but it'd be fun to see who could give him a real challenge (because we know we can't!)

The Gardners said...

Too funny. I love that Joe won. I told you he should have tried out for so you think you can dance.

Andrew and Ariel said...

Muppet!
Funny post bra. I want pictures of the polar bear and muppet duking it out on the dance floor. Invite me to your dance-off . . . I promise to do worse than you. But it will be worth it because I'll bring ketchup.