Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Oooooooh, diiiish!

I'm not sure who it is in my apartment that thinks the dishwasher can somehow pressure wash the innards of a crockpot and that the beef stew remnants that they failed to rinse from the pot will magically disappear and not get baked onto the glasses, silverware, plates and every other innocent bystander that was supposed to be washed. Yes, I say that I'm not sure who the culinary culprit is, but I have fallen victim to his antics on more than one occasion. The last time he struck it looked like he had placed a half-empty jar of salsa on the bottom rack, which completely annihilated the cups, the bowls, and half of the silverware. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you should have to have a degree in condimentary education to know that that's a no, no. Meanwhile, I'm the guy scraping the baked flakes of food off of the dishes. Come on guys, throw the jar away or at least rinse it out before you resort to the dishwasher. That's why we have disposals.

Anyway, I inserted a snippet from a letter I sent to a friend about a similar dishaster I had about six weeks ago. Feel free to read and share any experiences you've had with dishing it out or getting dished. Also state whether you dry heaved.
How is your day going so far? Mine was going okay at first, but I got pretty grossed out while I was eating breakfast. I had a roommate that was sleeping on the couch this morning, so I didn't want to turn on the light in the kitchen because I thought he would probably wake up. I poured a bowl of cereal and then took it up to my room. I took a bite, but as I was pulling the spoon out of my mouth, I could feel a bunch of crap with my lip that was stuck on the inside of the spoon. I saw it and felt like gagging. That stuff grosses me out. So, then I went downstairs and grabbed another spoon from the dark kitchen drawer and started eating my cereal in the dark. That time I felt a bunch of crap stuck on the bottom of of the spoon. It was so sick. I made sure to give the next utensil a thorough feel before I recommenced spooning."

5 comments:

The Gardners said...

LOL. That was a sick story. I love the things you find to write about. I was thinking about you today when Gracie and I took a walk around the temple.

Carrie said...

Bob, I did dry heave a little, but you forgot the cardinal rule: you should always look before spooning, especially in the dark. Wink wink.

Joseph said...

Oops that last comment was me, not Carrie. She was worried that people would think you spooned with her... but as far as I know, me, Tom, John and Krista are the only ones that have spooned with her. But not all at once. That would be awkward.

Scotty B said...

as your roommate i leave this post. name 7 times this semester you have unloaded the dishwasher.

Bobby said...

I could probably name three and have only used enough dishes to fill it twice. I've got a plus one margin.