Tuesday, April 22, 2008

After a Nap

I decided I'm pretty much worthless for about fifteen minutes after a nap. Yesterday my roommate came into my room and woke me up to inform me that I had a visitor waiting for me at the door. I had been sleeping soundly trying to recover from waking up at five o'clock in the morning to study for finals. I arose, rubbed my eyes, and staggered downstairs to converse with my guest, but found myself pausing several times during the conversation as I tried to collect my thoughts. I was being asked simple questions but my mind was clouded. I think I might have to have to call the visitor a little later and explain that I really am capable of producing meaningful conversation, and that he can excuse my incoherent ramblings as the byproduct of being stirred from a siesta. To add insult to injury I had two pieces of pepper in my teeth. Oh jeez. I guess it's better than when I had blue tooth and inflamed gums right after my mission, eh? Too bad I didn't know what blue tooth was until after I'd been laughed at a few times.

2 comments:

Jess said...

Ok, I don't know why, but those two experiences (sleeping and being laughed at) reminded me of my college days. I was in an Art History class where the lights are dim and I fell asleep. When I awoke, I noticed my pen had broken and I had a little ink on my hands. When class was over I headed home for the day. I passed a couple of friends that I knew and talked to them. When I got home, my roommates burst out laughing the moment they saw me. I had pen all over my face. Not just a smudge, but huge streaks of it everywhere. And not one person I had talked to had informed me of this fact.

Lizzie Jones said...

My favorite it when you call someone and accidentally wake them up. You ask them "Sorry, did I wake you up?" and they try to fake it. "No... I was already up." Their speech is slurred, they ask you to repeat things multiple times, their questions don't make sense, and occasionally they'll answer the phone with a "dear heavenly father..."