Monday, June 16, 2008

Balderdash

I played Balderdash this past Saturday with a few friends. I never realized how much I loved that game until I played it again. For those of you who have never played the game, one draws a card and reads one of five options:
  1. A movie title
  2. An unusual vocab word
  3. A name
  4. An acronym
  5. A notable date in history
The group then takes time to write down what the movie is about based on the title, what the vocab word means, who the person is, what the acronym stands for, or why the date is notable. A person then reads all of the submissions and also the real description on the back of the card. I'm sure if you were playing by the rules you would all try to guess the right description, and hope your own submission was good enough to fool someone else. But, when I played last Saturday we were just playing for the laughs.

Anyway, during round two, the movie title, "Babes in Baghdad" was chosen. Naturally, my description was, "A movie about an American General that falls in love with Saddam Hussein's daughter, because she was Saddam sexy."

Needless to say, I always love a game that gets the creative juices flowing. That game was right up my alley. I also love a game called Sniglets, which is the reverse, where a definition is given and you have to come up with a word. Word.

2 comments:

Brittany said...

oh my heckers. you are so funny. saddam funny.

mikemetcalf said...

Haha, brilliant. Makes me want to go play until I get that same card so I can reap the benefits of your cleverness.