Thursday, November 6, 2008

Pumpkin Pie

Last Sunday I ate dinner with Abigail, Andrew, and Catherine before going to the CES Fireside to hear Bishop Burton. As time crept closer to six o'clock, I informed everyone that I needed to go to the fireside. Abigail insisted that I take a piece of pumpkin pie with me. I gladly accepted, but was strapped for time, so I deserted the band with dessert in hand and went merrily on my way. I had to get my notebook from Abigail's car, so I headed down the outside stairs to the parking lot, taking bites intermittently as I walked. The rain had really been coming down earlier that day and it was drizzling outside when I left Andrew's apartment. As I approached Abigail's car I took another bite of the pie and simultaneously slipped on a patch of black ice and creamed myself in the face with the pie. The pie then bobbled in my hands and landed filling-side down on my jacket and marked its territory a couple of times before splattering on the ground. I started laughing really hard and wished that someone else had seen it. I had to call Abigail and explain the situation to her so that she would know that the pie fell of its own accord and that I didn't throw the pie to the ground out of distaste for the taste. So, I guess the real takeaway here is that "pie cometh before the fall."

5 comments:

Mary said...

do you think of your puns BEFORE you write the post? sometimes you make me so mad!

Jess said...

I think he bases his post on a pun he likes and then makes up a story to go around it. Because seriously, I don't think anyone has as many funny stories as Bobby.

Bobby said...

The puns usually come as I'm writing the story down.

mikemetcalf said...

You'd have won $10,000 on AFV for sure. Sad I can't see it on video, but I imagine it's probably almost as funny in head... almost.

Krista said...

I wish I could've seen you. I would have been giggling on the sidelines. :)