Saturday, November 1, 2008

A Winter Internship in Chicago

At the beginning of October I had the opportunity to fly out to Chicago and interview with five accounting firms. I flew out on a Tuesday and had activities and interviews throughout the week with KPMG, Ernst & Young, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Deloitte, and Grant Thornton. It was pretty hectic schedule for the week and I missed a lot of school, but it was a really unique experience; and, luckily, I was able to stay on top of my schoolwork.

One of the hotels I stayed in was a couple of blocks away from Navy Pier, so I headed down there on Friday evening to enjoy the festivities down there. They had a fireworks show later that night, which was pretty sweet.

I was interviewing to get an internship for next semester. I'm really excited because I'll be there during the busy season, so I'll get a lot of experience. I felt really good about how the interviews went, and since then, I've received job offers from a few of the firms. Now I just have to study out the firms a little more and pray about it. I don't really think there's a wrong choice, though. They're all really good firms.

7 comments:

Michemily said...

Those are good companies. Congratulations!

Mary said...

we're praying for you too, bubs!

Molly said...

::cough cough:: shouldnt it be "winternship?"

Bobby said...

Hahaha, I'm proud of you, Molly. That one made me chortle.

MMMegan said...

Hey! My roommate here works for PriceWaterhouseCoopers. She's really liked working for them.

Carrie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! You are getting pretty old there dude but hope you had a good day :)

Krista said...

good job bobby. I'm proud of you.