Sunday, February 8, 2009

Blog on Blag

A little over a week ago, Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich was unanimously voted out of office after being impeached for trying to sell the vacant senate seat left by President Obama. I'm not gonna lie, I was kind of sad to see Blagojevich go. I was hoping that by the end of my internship I'd have enough money to make a down payment on the Senate seat. I was even going to grow out my hair and feather it to build a relationship of trust.

But, alas, he had to go. Like the proverb says, "Spare the Rod, spoil the child." Is that what it meant? In any event, his was a story of Blag and white, where Rod was wrong and lost the fight.

In other news, just before coming to Chicago, I heard that Chicago is called the Windy City not because the wind blows, but because the politicians were corrupt and easily swayed. Don't be deceived, though, the wind still blows really hard here and it's really cold.

1 comment:

johnnyboy said...

I'd make an argument that Chicago politicians blow too :)

Just make sure that you spell hair correctly next time you write a post. I don't want to hair of you misspelling it anymore.