Sunday, April 19, 2009

Oquirrh

I was sitting in the kitchen with Mom and Dad this morning and saw an article written in the newspaper about the Oquirrh Mountain Temple.

Mom had been reading earlier about the Draper Temple open house and read aloud that there were 700,000 people that attended the open house. I asked Mom if there were protesters at the open house and she confirmed that there were and told me that the Church had people assigned go take them hot chocolate and cookies.

I told Mom that people shouldn't be allowed to protest at the Oquirrh Temple open house unless they can spell "Oquirrh."

Mom thought most people would try to spell it as "ocher" (see also ochre), a word used primarily by the British to describe a pale brownish yellow color.

Dad thought they would try to spell it as "okra," a plant of the Old World tropics whose immature seedpods are eaten as a vegetable and also used to thicken soups and stews (see also gumbo).

I had nothing meaningful to contribute to the conversation, so I just decided to lead them into a joke with an oldie but goodie, "What's green and sings?" Elvis Parsley.

Followed by, "What's green and has its own TV show?" Okra Winfrey (wocka, wocka, wocka)

3 comments:

rkchristensen said...

YOU ARE SO BAD, Fozzy Bear! (from Flori)

rkchristensen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joseph said...

My neighbor says his kids call it the "ogre mountain" temple. That'll scare away those protesters.

"FEE FI FO FUM, I DON'T KNOW A GOOD OGRE PUN"