Monday, April 13, 2009

Steep and Cheap

Tommy introduced me to steepandcheap.com a little over a year ago. It's a company based out of Salt Lake that sells items for the outdoorsy niche at deep discounts. They sell items for about 15 minutes or until they run out, and then start selling a new item. They bank on people making impulse purchases by feeding fears that items will be gone if purchases aren't made immediately.

I've only bought one item on the web site, but I'm on the mailing list for the company, so everyday I get a funny e-mail from them called "The Daily Dose." I don't read every Daily Dose, but I've found a few gems. The other week, I received this one about blogs that I wanted to share because I thought it was pretty funny.

One of my friends sends me e-mails every couple days to let me know that he's posted new items to his blog. It's like, hey man, the whole point of having a blog is so that you don't have to e-mail me with news all the time. It makes it easier to ignore what's going on with you in one convenient place. I've read that an average blog gets one reader, which makes sense. After all, some blogs have hundreds of thousands of readers, so there must be hundreds of thousands of blogs with no readers.

1 comment:

flori said...

awesome. That's how I feel about blogging. count me in as one of the hundreds of thousands who read yours.