Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Rock Stars

I saw an Intel commercial on TV today that made me laugh. I'm not sure how I feel about the vocalized Intel theme at the end; but, other than that, I think they nailed it.



And, at the risk of sounding super nerdy, a funny thing happened in my tax class right after I had seen this commercial. My tax professor was talking about a new accounting rule called FAS 109 and was stressing the importance of understanding the concepts and how they're hard for a lot of people to grasp. 

"In fact," he said, "your book says that the people that are excelling with FAS 109 are considered the rock stars of accounting." He paused and then started laughing. "Yeah, I wouldn't go that far. I went to an Eagle's concert this last Saturday and they were the real rock stars. They looked like they were having loads of fun. I guarantee you'll never have as much fun doing FAS 109 work, but you'll still be in high demand."

1 comment:

Laura said...

Nice Bob. Ben got a kick out of this one.