Sunday, June 7, 2009

My life during my blogging hiatus

I officially when AWOB (absent without blogging) for the last few weeks. But, I have been garnering a bunch of blogworthy stories, so you should expect a splurge of stories in the next little while.

Quite a few things have happened since I last posted, though.

First, I was hired as a marketing intern for Extra Space Storage. This is the third internship I've done with them, so it has been fun to see another aspect of the business.
Second, I went to Toronto to see a family from my mission get sealed. It was incredible!
Third, Spring term at BYU is almost kaput. One more week. Booyah!
Fourth, I started a band with my cousin and some other friends.
We played at an open mic night and got a lot of compliments. Then, we were invited by the club manager to play at Battle of the Bands, which is a week from this Wednesday. I'm pretty excited about it. I'm singing and playing rhythm guitar (p.s. rhythm is a great hangman word) and we have another guitarist, a bassist, a keyboardist, and a drummer. I feel like it should be drummist. Anyway, we're playing a bunch of songs I've written over the years and this is my first time playing in a band, so it has been really fun hearing my music come to life.

2 comments:

Michemily said...

Dang, you gave away my hangman "rhythm" secret.

Carrie said...

We need to come hear the band play! You are a busy guy...any time left for dating because I know I you totally want to blog about it :)