Thursday, June 18, 2009

Taking Tests

It started with the ACT, but didn't end there. I feel like I'm the worst test taker in the world. I feel like my test taking abilities aren't a proper reflection of what I've actually learned in school. I'm not sure if I'm over-analyzing, under-analyzing, or just plain ol' unlucky, but the last two finals I took just buried me. I'm sure reading this juxtaposed with my last post you feel I had it coming. The funny thing is, that's the final I feel the best about. I'm not sure how much stock I should put into feeling good about a test though. I felt pretty good about the two finals I took today and ended up getting C's on both of them.

One test was open book with a three-hour time limit. I thought I found every answer word-for-word in the book and submitted my test thinking, "I actually think I got 100% on that one." Or 72%, either way, right? Then I decided I needed to study hard for my next final. I put in a solid six hours only to get a 70%? What the? I'm pretty sure I'm supply and demand curve dyslexic. Oh well, the classes I'm behind in now are behind me now. Hopefully I wasn't the only one that bit the dust and it will all work out in the end.

At least the bookstore wasn't buying back any of my books. That was awesome.

3 comments:

Krista said...

dude, I'm the worst test taker...how many times did I walk away from the testing center not sniffling but BAWLING my eyes out. I still feel bad feelings about my stats tests too.

Krista said...

sorry about the books...If I understood that right. I sold a bunch at half.com after I was done with school and made more money anyway.

wendy said...

Didn't we talk about this exact test-taking strategy? You need to take a good hard look at the letter "L" formed by your index finger and thumb, draw the supply and demand curve, and label "R" and "L" on the charts you drew at the top of your test. Silly B-O-B.