Saturday, September 5, 2009

How 'bout them Cougs?

Wow. Wow is all I have to say. I hope you were able to watch it. BYU defeated #3 Oklahoma tonight in an amazing game. I really liked BYU's offense tonight, but I loved their defense. Not in a gay way, in a fan way. They were able to stop Oklahoma on several drives and really, the only points they gave up came as a result of BYU's offense turning the ball over, giving Oklahoma good field position. If you didn't watch the game, be sure to check out the highlight reel.

I think my favorite part was seeing Provo come alive after the victory. I watched the game at my friend Reed's house up in Orem and drove down to Provo after the game. People were swarming the streets and drivers were honking their horns like crazy in celebration of the victory. I went back to my apartment to play some Tiger Woods Golf on the Wii and heard a huge mass of people celebrating, walking down my street. I went outside and saw a herd of fans cheering, headed by a kid playing the bagpipes at 11pm. It was awesome seeing a BYU Stone Cold Sober celebration instead of a rowdy celebration with beer flowing from the taps.

No comments: