Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Mustaches at BYU

It never ceases to amaze me when I see people walking around BYU sporting dirty mustaches–the only expression of facial hair freedom allowed at BYU. It seems that the problem is especially pervasive as of late. Granted, some actually can pull it off; but for most, it is a shameless attempt at masculinity and a dirthead disaster. For their sakes, I really do wish they could pull it off...off of their faces. I ran into one friend on the way to class today and complimented him on his bravery for growing a mustache. "Yeah man, just a little somethin' somethin' for Stachetober," he said. It wasn't a pretty sight, but he has the personality to make it work. He was telling me how a couple of girls have already threatened to shave it off for him. I told him not to worry about it. "The stache just makes you more attractive and more irresistible," I said. "They're just worried because they weren't planning on getting married for a couple of years and now that you've got a mustache, they feel like they have to make a decision." That's pretty much the only way to interpret it.

2 comments:

Lizzie Jones said...

Molly and I call that kind of facial hair "rapist hair"- very few can wear a mustache and not look incredibly creepy.

Bobby said...

Amen