Saturday, October 10, 2009

Two Great Nights

A couple of weeks ago I had two fun evenings in a row. On September 24th my band played a concert at Velour, a venue in Provo. Mom and Dad made the trek down to the concert, which was really nice of them, especially since it finished after 11pm, about five hours after Mom's bedtime. It has been fun playing in a band for the past few months. My favorite part about playing is that it has really gotten me excited about playing guitar again. I feel like playing guitar is one talent that was dormant from the time I left for my mission until I got back from Chicago. I've also loved getting to know Mike Adams better. Now I see him at least every week, instead of at least every family party.
I even mustered up the courage to wear my Snuggie for a song.
The next day, on September 25th, I went with Mom, Dad, Jim, Joe, Tom, and Mike Metcalf to go see Jim Gaffigan. There's just something about that guy that makes me chuckle. Perhaps the reason his humor resonates with me so much is that he always talks about food. Gotta love those "edgy ketchup jokes." P.S. "edgy" would be a good hangman word.
After the show, we went for a delicious dinner at Settebello's. I had been craving a Settebello pizza ever since hearing about it; and, it was all it was cracked up to be. So was the Nutella gelato next door. Mmmmm....

3 comments:

Krista said...

ooo. I would have loved to go to that show and sette bello. Both great fun. I love the snuggie pic. Will you sometime serenade us here in Evanston with your snuggie too?

Bobby said...

One snuggie serenade coming right up!

flori said...

Okay, I loved the snuggie picture too. What we call a priceless treasure! We'd also like to request a private concert in NC. Do you have any cds or video of your band so we can have a listen?