Thursday, March 25, 2010

It's not easy peeing green

Upon returning from Stake Conference I saw a plate of delectable looking brownies waiting by my door. I would have eaten them immediately were it not for the ominous anonymous note inscribed with the foreboding line "...I hope this helps you get rid of the blues..."


I waited for a couple of hours after Joe had eaten a couple brownies to verify they were not ex-lax laden. I didn't want to be awoken from my Sunday nap by a bout of raging diarrhea.


The brownies were delicious, but they were laced with methylene blue, a chemical that makes your pee turn blue. I didn't consume nearly as many brownies as Joe, so my pee was only green.


Apparently, every apartment of boys in the ward had similar plate at their doorstep as well. We were all duped together. One kid in the ward told me he went to the bathroom and didn't look down at the toilet until he was about to flush. When he saw the blue he thought one of his friends had put toilet cleaner in, but when he remembered that they don't even own toilet cleaner he started to get worried. Then he started to pees together the puzzle.


I thought the colorful ordeal would end with one emptying of the bladder, but it was not to be. And so, it continued until Tuesday. I'm thinking about making brownies for everyone in the ward this week and writing notes that say, "I heard you were feeling red..."

4 comments:

Brooke said...

haha oh this is fantastic. by far one of my favorite pranks ever...

Maggie said...

so funny. Did you just say "awoken"?? Love you. It was fun to see you.

Bobby said...

Yeah, awakened would have worked, too, I suppose, but the dictionary didn't give me any trouble with awoken so I kept it :)

Maggie said...

Ha ha, looked it up. Joke's on me.