Sunday, March 28, 2010

Wise Cracks

I've made some wise cracks during Sunday school the past couple of weeks as we've learned about Joseph of Egypt. The teachers in my ward know that they can count on me whenever we have a famine of comments, so they asked me a question last week after they had explained how Joseph didn't really get along with his siblings: "What are some things we can do when we're having trouble getting along with our siblings?"

"Well," I said, "when I'm having trouble with my siblings, I sometimes find it's helpful to just throw them in a pit and then sell them into slavery."

Then today they had me read Pharaoh's dream and then told me to explain the gist of the dream to the rest of the class. So, naturally, I couched my response with lyrics of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. "Seven years of bumper crops are on their way. Years of plenty, endless wheat and tons of hay..."

3 comments:

MMMegan said...

I taught that lesson yesterday. It was all I could do not to burst into song. In fact, it was more than I could do. But I only had one slip-up. I blame my parents for exposing me to musicals at an early age.

Carrie said...

Um, are you and my hubby brothers or what? This post is exactly what has been happening in our Sunday school classes. For example, the teacher asked who Potiphar was and Joseph answered "he was one of Egypt's millionaires." But of course...

Krista said...

way funny. Will you force Johnny to do the calypso dance sometime for me. He has never done it for me and won't.