Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Salsa at Work

I made salsa for the marketing department at work today. When I arrived, I told the art director to start playing Mexican music when he wanted to partake of the homemade goodness. At about 10 o'clock, a Mariachi mix of "Hotel California" sounded from his office and, like pack of Pavlovian dogs, we all paused from work and congregated in his office to savor the salsa.

One guy loved the salsa. He told me that he used to just think of me as "the intern," but now he thinks of me as "the intern-who-makes-salsa." Climbing that corporate ladder one rung at a time.

Everyone asked me questions about moving to Chicago, and we somehow got on the topic of scary neighborhoods in Chicago; so, naturally, I told them about the time I got dropped off at a gas station in South Chicago, accent and all. They loved it.

2 comments:

ashley said...

Delicious salsa and good stories. You will be missed when you move to work for one of the most powerful accounting firms in the world.

Bobby said...

Haha, you always make me feel like I'm the man when it comes to accounting. Thanks for being so consistent with boosting my self-esteem.

P.S. I was going to leave this comment at 2am, but I thought it might be creepy to comment that late.