Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The Chi-clone

So, the Chi-clone wasn't all it was cracked up to be. There were no witches getting hit by flying houses, no capsized vessels, and, surprisingly, not too much rain; albeit, right when I woke up, it was a pretty steady downpour and there were white caps in the harbor of Lake Michigan. Apparently, everyone who tried to go to work at 8:00 got absolutely clobbered by the rain, but by the time I left for work at 8:20, the storm had ceased. Everything was fine. No wind. No rain. Nada.

The wind picked up that afternoon, though. The building at work was subtly swaying with the wind, rocking back and forth like a cruise ship. I got used to it after a while, but the lights swinging above my head like the pendulum of a grandfather clock were a constant reminder. The powerful gusts of wind flexed the glass windows, making the walls next to my cubicle creak. The eerie sounds made it felt like I was working on a pirate ship, 'cept fer we be speakin' proper English.

The crazy thing is, I was only on the 8th floor. Made me wonder what kind of party the wind was having up on 34.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

I was super disappointed in the Chi-Clone as well :(. If we are made to be so anxious, I wanted to at least see some flying trees or something!