Sunday, December 5, 2010

Dream Jokes

I don't dream often. But when I do, I prefer Dos Equis. No, but seriously, I hardly ever remember my dreams. Last night's was vivid, though. Tommy was attempting to tell a joke at the dinner table and I was walking him through it because he pulled a mom and kept forgetting how it went. It's funny how I knew the punchline of the joke as Tommy was telling it in my dream, even though the joke didn't exist. It went like this:

So, a giraffe was talking to a cheetah and said, "So, what are you going to name your kid?"

"Clyde," said the cheetah.

"Well, how will that name help your baby know that it belongs to you?" asked the giraffe.

The cheetah thought for a minute, but couldn't think of a good answer. "I dunno," he said. "What did you name your kid to help it know that it belonged to you?"

The giraffe stared at the cheetah and said, "I'm a giraffe, baby!"

Yeah, I know. It doesn't make sense. It's kind of funny if you have the right deliver, but it still doesn't change the fact that it doesn't make sense. The last joke I told in my dreams was better.

No comments: